Upgrade suggestion for video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sprgroove, Jul 13, 2011.

1. sprgroove

sprgroove Private E-2

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an upgrade to my current video card. I've attached a Belarc report showing where I'm currently at.

I have rolled back the driver thanks to a suggestion from iant on here which brought me to the point of watchable. Before the rollback I was going from frozen frame to frozen frame with nothing smoothly playing. Now, I'm only experiencing frozen frame for a second then going back to smooth playback for about 15 seconds then another second of frozen frame then smooth again, etc.. All the while audio is playing back perfectly.

If anyone has a suggestion for a video card upgrade for my system I would like to give that a shot. Problem is, I'm not sure which card would be most beneficial for what I'm working with. I'm not playing games on here, just would like to watch video online. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

That video card is way more than enough for online video.:confused Are you talking about video from youtube for example? How's your card perform with say, a DVD? How's your internet speed? Test it @ speedtest.net

3. sprgroove

sprgroove Private E-2

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I was referring to you tube. I hadn't tried a DVD at all before I read your response. So I tried that, but my DVD drive isn't reading a regular DVD. It will read and play a DVD-R or an audio CD, but when I pop in a regular DVD(I did try a couple different discs) it doesn't even see that it's in there. Any ideas on that?

I did the speed test, 2.13 download 1.03 upload, which is probably the freezing up then. I didn't realize the card I had was a decent one so thank you for that info.

I appreciate your help!:)

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Are those speeds in Mbps? If they are then something else is not right.:confused I might come up with something else to try and I can't equate your DVD issues either with your main issue.

If youtube is always like that with different videos then it has to be you. Try reinstalling your ethernet driver from your motherboard disk if you have one, otherwise you have to find the make and model of same and get the LAN driver from the maker.

Any yellow triangles in your task manager devices?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds