Upgrading Internet Speed - Big Megs for Sale

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjnc, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

About once or twice a year, the one and Only local TV Cable company starts calling me about Five times a day.
    They want me to BUNDLE my TV service with their internet and/or telephone service.

I find it amusing that the phone sales reps for the internet service don't know the difference between megabits and megabytes. rolleyes

The guy kept telling me about their 7 megabytes per second and 10 megabytes per second service.

Their New Television Ads take advantage of the ignorance and confusion by simply referring to it as 7 MEGS.

What kind of MEGS ???? :confused

Take Your Pick. Whichever one you like. :cool :celebrate

Your Internet Speed: Megabits vs. Megabytes

wiki Answers - What are megabytes and megabits?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

They never do. They are reading from a script. People love to talk about their big bytes lol.

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

How big is your byte?

4. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

5. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Next time they call, tell them you think their service mega bites and see how they react. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds