Upgrading My Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by titanus011, Jun 8, 2005.

1. titanus011

titanus011 Private E-2

I Have computer that is an Hp Pavillion 700. I want to upgrade the video card inside of it. It originally came with a Geforce 4 MX 420 video card. I want to upgrade it to a XFX GeForce FX 5500 / 256MB DDR / AGP 8X / VGA / DVI / TV Out / Video Card. I dont know if my AGP slot is 4x or 8x. Someone please help me find out. The system # on my comp is DA192A
    The serial # is MX307A1031.

Please help me find out.
    Thank You

2. titanus011

titanus011 Private E-2

so are you saying i have agp 8x

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

no need to double post all over the boards.

4. titanus011

titanus011 Private E-2

would i be better off to buy a pci graphics card then. Would i get better performance out of a pci graphics card? or should i stick with getting that graphics card even though i only have agp 4x

5. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

any agp > pci.

6. titanus011

titanus011 Private E-2

will the graphics card i listed work with an agp 4x motherboard? I want to be damm sure before i buy it.

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

I have to disagree there. Back when I first got AGP, it was an integrated chipset ATI RAGE Pro II. This was back when AGP first game out. I since upgraded to a PCI card that was actually faster than my current AGP, which was 2x or 4x (can't remember).

But, today I'd have to agree with you. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds