UPS Service has encountered a problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jdeh, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

Has anyone seen this error message? I get it every time I reboot and I do not have UPS Service turned on, I gather that is "Uninterrupted Power Supply"??

UPS Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for any help on this....it is a minor inconvenience but annoying nonetheless!! :mad:

Thanks, BoBO Bolinski

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Only time I see that is when I update my chipset drivers. That messes up connections to USB devices, one of which is my UPS. It also causes a BSOD on shutdown. The error goes away once the system restarts.

3. Hax

Hax Private E-2

I'm not clear on the problem.
    XP?
    The UPS service can be set to automatic, manual or disabled.
    I don't use a UPS, so default seems to be manual.
    Yours must be set to automatic because it is trying to load at startup.
    Set the service to manual or disabled in control panel-administrative tools-services-uninteruptable power supply service.

4. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

HAX, thanks for your response! I ck'd and yes, it was set to Automatic. I reset to disable and I am sure when I reboot this most annoying popup will be gone.

Thanks a lot for that!

Bo Bo Bolinski :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds