URGENT: File conversion

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lev, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Something to convert an /avi file so that it can be played in a DVD player. So I need to convert and burn, for free. Thanks.

Lev

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I had good luck with DivXToDVD (freeware) before it became ConvertXToDVD (shareware). Maybe a trial will help you out for the time being?

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

On it...thanks :)

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

BAH!
    Obviously, hueydewey's idea is better! :dood

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You guys both rawk 'n' rowl...thank you. Mission completed in time frame given :D

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What did you end up doing, Lev? Did Nero work for you? If so, I have to have another look at my copy at home!

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Nero converts avi files easily using Nero Vision.

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I only have Nero Start Smart and couldn't figure out in the time given if I could do the conversion. So I used the free ConvertXtoDVD. The end user was so impressed with it, she bought it (to get rid of the watermark) and as my personal laptop is the only system in here capable of burning to DVD, guess what? It got downloaded onto my laptop :D

Maybe if the nero version I have can do .avi to dvd conversion,somebody could tell me how? Thanks.

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Start Smart is only a pretty app launcher. Select DVD on top, click the arrow on the left to show the apps and select Nero Vision and you're good to go. At least you got the job done.:highfive

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Not only did the job get done, thanks to you guys, but it also got us a major donor joining the capital campaign we have going for a new residential facility. So thanks once again! You're awesome :)

@ augie...Nero Express and Nero BackitUp are all mine shows.

11. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

A little late ...but I like AVS Disc Creator ...freeware.

12. Danny5

Danny5 Private E-2

I know that DVDsanta does this. I had used it a lot.

I know your asking for free soft, but this one is not.

Perhaps a PM is needed?

13. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

For future reference Avi2Dvd is completely free and does what it says.

14. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

It keeps asking me for an audiostream but won't let me add anything in that box. What does it want from me??

Can you tell I hate media stuff? ;)

15. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

Are you in Avi mode? that's what you need to be in for avi --> dvd. You should be able to select an audio output stream. eg Audiostream1 AC3 X no. of channels.

There is a step by step guide with pics on that site somewhere.

Avi2Dvd Guide with pictures for those who hate media stuff

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds