Urgent Help Needed Crash bios hang

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spyder freek, Dec 15, 2006.

1. spyder freek

spyder freek Private E-2

Hardware:
    MSI PM8M3-V mobo
    2x 512 sticks
    Intel Prescott 3.0GHz

Thats All, left every thing else off to eliminate possible problems

Problem:
    When I first built the Rig, half way through the Windows initial setup (right after Press F8 to agree, It shut off. No beep. No error. Just powered off.
    I turned off the auto heat power down and any other feature that would cause this and was able to painlessly install windows and drivers. Then today, i go to install Microsoft's Office suite and when HDD and CD spin up, CPU reaches 100% and Bam. Powered Off. I let it sit for 45min and came back.

So, I boot to bios to check settings and the Temp and it says 80*-90*-110*-135* boom. powered down. start back up. 2 seconds after post powered down. I reseated the cpu and re applied a rice sized dot of Arctic Silver 5 and replaced the cooler. (Stock btw) now i power up and see the same thing and it powers off. So, i jumped the mobo back to factory default to start clean and now it says after post that it is returned to default enter bios to save ect. but when i press Delete to enter it crashes, the screen goes blank and then to no connection (monitor default) and you hear a click click click comming from the system speaker. I have reset the cmos (removed the bat and power for hours as well) and nothing seemed to work. Any ideas ?

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Sounds like an overheat issue (pc trying to save itself by shutting down when a pre specified temp is reached) by forcing it to continue you may have damaged the hardware on your system.

When you built the rig you used thermal paste or it's like on the cpu heat sink right?..... are all your fans working?

justathought

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds