Urgent:need Help Installing Sound Driver On Windows Me

Discussion in 'Software' started by CorpralGeek1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. CorpralGeek1

CorpralGeek1 Private E-2

:mad: I Havn't Used my windows ME Vaio for at least 3 years. When i got it back up and running it was running great except for one thing, the sound. The usual sound driver i use is an VIA AC 97 sound driver. When i try installing it there are two error messages that appear. one reads "Error #0x80070725 Description: Incompatible version of the RPC Stub. The second one reads" Missing VIA Chipset" or something like that. If someone out there could PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with this that would be great.

2. GadgetsRme

GadgetsRme Private E-2

You say you got it up and running. Did that include a reformat and a reinstall of ME? If so, you would need to reinstall that drivers for that motherboard and sound card combo. You should be able to get those from the mfg's site.
    Here's the link: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-software.pl

3. CorpralGeek1

CorpralGeek1 Private E-2

no i didn't mean a reformat i just meant i plugged it back into the wall hehe.

4. GadgetsRme

GadgetsRme Private E-2

Did you try deleting the sound card from the device manager and letting ME redetect it?

5. CorpralGeek1

CorpralGeek1 Private E-2

how do i get to device manager again?

6. GadgetsRme

GadgetsRme Private E-2

Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Device Manager is the progression in ME I think.

7. GadgetsRme

GadgetsRme Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds