usb 2 memory card reader in a usb 1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by caraloca, Sep 22, 2004.

1. caraloca

caraloca Private E-2

Hi, i have a pc with two usb 1.0 ports and i have a memory card reader that works with a usb 2.0 port.
    I tried to use this card reader but windows xp pro tell me I can't because the rate transfer is lower and the only option it gave me is to stop the card.
    is there a way around this?, or my only choice is to buy a usb 2.0 isa card?
    thank you

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

the little message is only windows warning you that it's going to be really slow. it should work either way. the stopping the card option is just a feature of windows so you can unplug a device safely; it has nothing to do with the functionality of the usb card (well, except to make it inoperable:p)

go ahead and plug it in again, and go to windows explorer and find the new drive letter pointing to the card:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds