USB ATTACHE Drive Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HumbleServant1611, Mar 31, 2011.

1. OK I have ran into this problem out of nowhere. I am running Win7 and i was using my USB just fine until a couple of days ago when Suddenly my Computer stopped detecting the device nor is my laptop reading any device when i plug it in the USB. Does anyone have any suggestion on this ive looked around and haven't found a solution any feedback would be greatly appreciated

GREG

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Mista Shadow.

Couple of quick background questions:

To clarify: you stated that your "computer stopped detecting the device nor is my laptop reading any device" - this is one machine, or two?

Are there any flags in Device Manager? Have you tried different USB ports? Have you tried restarting your machine(s)?

3. First Thank you for replying and to answer your questions "I was referring to my desktop and my laptop as well, two different machines sorry for the confusion" For the rest of the questions the answer is "yes" i have tried all of the above and there is no flags in the device manager and my sister's USB device works in all ports Thank you for the feedback

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    Does the device show in Disk Management when attached? If it does, see if assigning a drive letter will let it show up in my computer. Another thing, when you first attach it to the computer, do you see the led flash on the device?

5. There is no LED equip with this device and it does not show in Disk Management when plugged in :(

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I would say you have a bad flash drive. There is one more thing you might want to try. Download a small linux distro like Puppy. Burn the iso file with something like ImgBurn and boot the CD. Plug in the flash drive and you should see an USB icon pop up on the desktop. If not, I would definitely think it was bad.

7. alright ill give it a try

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds