Usb Card Reader And Camera (separate With Usb Hookup) Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oldslowguy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. oldslowguy

oldslowguy Private E-2

My daughter has an Acer all in one computer (sorry dont know specs) with built in SD card reader, has stopped seeing/reading SD cards, also her Cannon camera is no longer seen, Win 8.1, no known cause. The USB mouse works fine. I dont see the USB storrage device in device manager either (disable then enable might fix the problem?). I updated to Win 10, still no joy, recovered to Win 8.1 (her choice). Would running the Tweaking.com Windows Repair app possibly fix it? Other options? She lives elsewhere so I dont get there very often and dont have a lot of time to work on it. Thank you in advance.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You will need to get the exact model name/number of the system.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Go to Control Panel -> Autoplay and set Autoplay for the devices in Win 8.1 or 10 .

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would re-install the Chipset and USB driver if available for the model ACER your daughter has, also please let us know what devices in Device Manager have yellow ! marks or red X's?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds