USB drive unaccessible

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alexonfyre, Jul 23, 2009.

1. alexonfyre

alexonfyre Private E-2

When I look at my USB drive (Toshiba 8GB) in DiskMan it shows 0kb for both free and used, as well I can't format or change any settings on it at all.
    The problem occurred after using diskpart to clean and create a primary on the disk with an offset of 4096. When I tried to format the drive it told me that NTFS was not supported, which I thought was odd, so I tried FAT32, also no supported, so I tried using "recommended" which came back with the error "Access is denied, see the system event log for further details." The event ID is 8 and the source is Virtual Disk Service, which doesn't even show up on technet...

Any ideas?

2. alexonfyre

alexonfyre Private E-2

Update:

Figured it out, apparently in the cleaning it screwed with the drivers for the drive somehow. I put it in another machine running XP Pro and used DiskMan to format it to FAT32, then used diskpart on XP to format to NTFS, and now everything is copacetic.
    Weird.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds