USB fail to connect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eltpaqj, Jan 19, 2015.

1. eltpaqj

eltpaqj Private E-2

Hello,

(CPU: Intel core i3, Motherboard: Asus..., OS: Windows 7)

A couple of days ago, I found my USB device didn't work. The device, which I 've always been using without problem, suddenly could not connect to the PC. And I also found the frontal left 2 USBs work (which the mouse and keyboard have been connected to and work fine -- they have been always connected there) but the frontal right 2 USBs and the 1 USB on the top of the PC case does not work.

At the time I first found the problem I noticed a message regarding USB....but didn't read that properly as I remove the device, put that in again, the message disappeared and no longer showed again. And after that, whenever I put that in or out just nothing happen.

So I wonder what I have to do... :cry

When I go to the Device Manager, I see the following 7 items under USB,

Generic USB Hub – 2
    Intel(R) 6~~~~ – 2
    USB Composite Device – 1
    USB Root Hub – 2
    (Actually, I had noticed 'unknown device' there right after the time I first found the problem, but now I don't see such thing.)

Somebody on the internet says I can update the driver there and should do in the safe mode. So I wonder if it's the case... If so then which one among the above?

I really have no idea, please help me....

Your help would be greatly appreciated, indeed!!!

Thank you

2. Blez

Blez Private E-2

Sounds like it could be a bandwidth issue with one of your USB controllers. Do you have a webcam plugged in and running while you are trying this? Have you tried the device on another computer?

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Before you start updating drivers and having more problems, download and unzip USBDeview to a folder. It's free and a tiny 78.2 KB utility. Right-click the file USBDeview, and click Run as administrator. It will list every USB device that was ever connected to your PC. Unplug all USB devices, excluding the mouse and keyboard, select all the other devices and click the recycle bin icon, second from left in the toolbar, Uninstall selected devices.

When you connect a USB device, the drivers will automatically install.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/usbdeview.html

PS Let us know how many devices there were.

4. eltpaqj

eltpaqj Private E-2

I am really sorry, I'm late!!

I still haven't fixed this... At that time I tried as you recommended and I found something really weird:

The result page listed 18 items, so I did uninstall all the other devices except the USB mouse and keyboard one by one, and I found 2 NEW items suddenly appeared on the list while I was doing the deleting task, although no one's doing such thing...! So at the end the list remained with 4 items: mouse; keyboard; and the 2 new items:
    Device Name: 0000.001a.0000.001.00....
    Device Type: HID (Human Interface D...) -- it looks the same as the mouse. Oh, it looks like the same as many other items... (now I'm seeing the screenshots, I didn't attach these because I don't know if they have things like personal information... so if it's not, let me know so that I can attach the screenshots.) And the Created Dates are all the same.... Is it some sort of connection problem?
    Any way, the other USBs on the computer (except the mouse and the keyboard) are still not working. When I connect device(s) nothing happens, but the above 2 USBs work (and the drivers automatically install).

But for your information, these days some comment saying 'don't recognise the usb...' is appearing from time to time but disappear immediately and no problem.

Please can you help on this?

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

The 2 new items are probably your printer. You can attach a screenshot, it contains no personal info.

The created dates will be the same.
    Example: If I uninstall all the USB devices, and then plug them in one after another, at 1 hour intervals, all will have the same created dates, and the times will be 1 hour(s) apart.

When you open Device Manager, do you see any yellow triangles or exclamation marks?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds