USB Flash Drives?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CraftyGirl, Oct 24, 2008.

1. CraftyGirl

CraftyGirl Private E-2

I have several USB Flash Drives .. I cant remember how to take my pictures from my laptop and put them on to the flash drives so I can erase them from the laptop for more storage.. plus it makes it more convent for printing loads of pictures at walmart. Please help..[/FON:confused:confusedT]

2. Core2Conroe

Core2Conroe Private E-2

put the flash drive in the PC and then find it under "My Computer" then just double click to open the drive and then drag and drop, easy enough :)

3. CraftyGirl

CraftyGirl Private E-2

Thanks loads .. gotter done... this place is great ... I really appreciate all the help..

4. Core2Conroe

Core2Conroe Private E-2

No problem. :)

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

By the way, you can also upload photos to Walmart via your Internet connection. Of course, a broadband connection is assumed.

6. MEMRSCHAD

MEMRSCHAD Private E-2

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I just bought a new flash drive. Never used one before. I moved my pictures to it, but is there any way I can put everything from my computer on it? The flash drive is big enough. I want all my folders and even FAVORITES on it. Is that possible?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Yes, it is possible to store lots of things on a large flash drive.
    One word of caution, most flash drives are formatted as FAT32 so they will work whether you are using Windows, OSX or linux. The problem is that FAT32 doesn't accept files larger than 4 GB so as you copy or move files, be sure that what you copy/move is not close to 4GB.

I usually copy rather than move. Why? Just to be sure that what I want is on the other drive. Once I've determined it is on the flash drive, I remove it from the computer. If something happens during the transfer (maybe the power cuts out when you weren't expecting it) and you were in the process of moving, you will have lost the file completely.

8. MEMRSCHAD

MEMRSCHAD Private E-2

But how do I save all that is in my Favorites?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds