Usb Headset May Have Short In Wire Or Maybe Bad Usb Port On Computer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcduke, May 26, 2017.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

Hi all and thanks for all the help over the years.
    I have a fairly nice surround sound headset that is plugged in to a front USB port on my computer. Every once in a lot of my keys won't work so I can't even sign in. Certain keys like the Escape, and backspace key will work, along with the space bar. If I turn of my computer and unplug the headset my keys seem to work. However, I also notice that the usb port I had the headset plugged in seems a little wobbly.
    I have a cheap headset I'll try in it to see if that's the usb port is the problem.
    I'm wondering though if there is testing device that lets you test the headset's wiring and usb connection.

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try it another computer.

Imandy Mann likes this.
  3. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

Hi all, well I was able to finally try it in another computer and it seems fine. Guess I'll just have to forgo using the suspect usb port then.

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for the update.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds