usb hub extension

Discussion in 'Software' started by bobbyftm, May 1, 2007.

1. bobbyftm

bobbyftm Private E-2

:( can anyone please inform me how to overcome the problem i have ? i am trying to use a 7 port usb extension hub form my laptop but the laptop will not recognise it with the message "one of the usb devices is not recognised by windows etc etc "someone suggested that it is because i am running windows xp media edition.if this is the cause can anyone please explain how i can alleviate the problem if it is possible

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Is it bus powered? That is powered by the USB port itself or does it have an extenal power supply you plugged in?

3. bobbyftm

bobbyftm Private E-2

it is both usb powered and has its own supply !!

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Are you using the power supply with it?
    On some occasions I have seen the USB bus seems underpowered and hubs are not recognized...

5. bobbyftm

bobbyftm Private E-2

i have tried it with the power supply and without it ! i also have a 4 port extension that i have tried on this laptop and it does not function either yet it did work on the tower computer(windows xp os) i was using before i bought this laptop.therefor i rightly or wrongly concluded that it would be something i have on this laptop different to the tower! alas that is why os windows xp MEDIA EDITION came to mind!!

6. peterparker

peterparker Corporal

Have you tested the usb port with any other usb hardware you may have around? Try a thumb drive if you can get a hold of one.

7. bobbyftm

bobbyftm Private E-2

yes i can run either a memory stick, ext h/drive,blue tooth hardware,printer or any thing else barring the usb extension from all of the usb ports on the laptop !!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds