USB PORT - System Not detecting..

Discussion in 'Software' started by lwfjdm, Feb 23, 2007.

1. lwfjdm

lwfjdm Private E-2

I Added a ALi M5273 - 2 port PCI USB card to my PC to install my Lexmark X1270 Printer. The system recognizes the USB card, & also win 98se, in its Controlpanel/System/Device Manager. However, in the printer wizard, it does not detect the USB Port!
    Could any one help me in getting the printer wizard recognizing the USB Port?

2. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

The printer wizard shouldn't need to detect the USB port as such, just the printer when it's installed.

Plug the printer in to the USB port and the "found new hardware wizard" should pop up. If you need drivers, and you may well do with SE, then install them when it asks for them. Once the printer is installed you should be able to find it in the print wizard.

Scoobs

3. lwfjdm

lwfjdm Private E-2

That's wiered!!
    Even though the printer is connected to the System, the "Found new Hardware wizard" does not pop up! When I tried to install the Printer software, it Stops at the initial stage as it can't find the USB PORT!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds