1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB printer not recognized

Discussion in 'Software' started by coyote2, Apr 30, 2012.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Private E-2

Most of the time, my USB printer is not recognized on one of my XP Pro sp3 computers when using a USB hub.

It works fine in the computer's onboard USB ports. It works fine on the same hub on my other computers. Same story with all 3 of my identical hubs.

I un-/re-installed all the "USB controllers" drivers in Device Manager (I attached PS2 a keyboard & mouse to do so).

It worked for years on these hubs on this computer, until a few months ago. This computer still prints fine over the network to this printer on this hub if the hub is connected to a different computer.

But the other computer isn't always on. And my computers are too far from the printer; I use adjacent hubs mid-way to make connection and switching the printer between computers easy.

What should I try, please?
  2. coyote2

coyote2 Private E-2

p.s. all my other USB devices always work fine on these hubs.
  3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Extraordinaire

My HP printer specifies it can not be plugged into a USB hub; perhaps yours has the same limitations.
  4. coyote2

coyote2 Private E-2

Thank you very much for your reply, plodr, but given everything I wrote, I don't think that answer fits.