Usb settings not detected in bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IZZOT, May 31, 2010.

1. IZZOT

IZZOT Private E-2

My Compaq nx9600 is running fine but my USB speed is slow. i have 5 USB ports and when i look in the device manager only one is listed as enhanced. my understanding is that if i enter bios i may need to enable the USB to 2.0, but when i enter bios under advance tab there is not a USB parameter to change. can you help?

2. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Iz,

I have 8 USB ports on two identical machines. There are 4 lines of ports and one line that says enhanced in Device Manager. Mine are running USB2. I have several other comps - same thing. Check again. You may not have a problem. Mine are not in BIOS SETUP. It's a program you have to load but, looks like you already have it.

Good Luck, Jim

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I looked at the manual and the laptop is outfitted with 4 USB ports. One in the rear, one on the left and two on the right.
    If the PCI to USB Host Controller says Enhanced that means all the ports can be run at 2. You will not see the word enhanced for each individual port, only at the Controller listing. (I assume you see the 4 individual entries for each port and incorrectly assumed: they are not operating at USB 2 and you have 5 ports instead of 4 ports.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds