USB stick causes crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nojz, Jan 16, 2006.

1. nojz

nojz Private E-2

Problem:
    I created a backup file from user data of dutch Tele Banking Software (for the dutch: Rabo Telebankieren) on a USB stick. Before creating and saving the file, all data on the stick had to be erased (which was no problem, there was almost nothing on it). After creating the file I put the stick in my new pc (did it before without trouble. Win xp too.) and it instantly crashed. Windows showed the famous blue screen with some crash information...
    When I put the stick back in the other computer, the one I created the file on, there were no problems.

In my opinion the backup software of the telebanking software screwed something up on the stick, but I can't find out what it is. How can I fix this problem? I'd like to be able to use this USB stick on more than one computer...

Thanks in advance for your reply and help!!!

2. Hardmarkerin

Hardmarkerin Private First Class

Hi, What is the Blue Screen, I Mean can you plz give the Error Code, it will be something like Stop : 0X000000 ?
    Also try to disable the Power Management in the USB Root Hubs.

3. nojz

nojz Private E-2

Sorry for the delayed reply on your question:

There's a lot of text in 'the blue screen'. I think the most important lines are:

NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS

and

Stop: 0x00000035 (0x85501AA8, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Does this say anything to you? Tried to insert two other (Sandisk Cruzer Micro 512MB) USB sticks; same problem... computer freeze.

4. Hardmarkerin

Is It NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS

OR

NO_MORE_IRQ_STACK_LOCATIONS ???

5. Hardmarkerin

6. nojz

nojz Private E-2

as I wrote: IRP

7. nojz

nojz Private E-2

Hmmz...
    took a look at the website you quoted. This error seems to be associated with Win2000 systems, while I use XP pro! Is there an additional driver I need to install manually in order to use the stick?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds