USB storage device

Discussion in 'Software' started by parkie871, Oct 23, 2006.

1. parkie871

parkie871 Private E-2

my usb storage will not work properly. Here are the symptoms
    1. USB storage will not show in My Computer.
    I HAVE TRIED GOING TO DISK MANAGEMENT AND ASSIGNING A DRIVE LETTER. (putting this in bold cuz thats what everyone else told me to do to fix the problem).
    2. USB will not show in My Computer when i go to Start-> My Computer, but will show when i go to it through a program ie Microsoft Word (after i do the above step and assign a drive letter, that is).
    3. When i take the usb out and then plug it back in, it shows up in disk management but has no drive letter again (but the drive letter i assigned earlier is not available. ie if i assigned a drive letter E and then take the usb out and plug it back in, E is not available ne more)
    4. I can store data and view the files through programs like microsoft word. (that is after i do step 1)
    4. Everything else works fine. I can connect my printer, and mp3 and transfer songs there and stuff.

Help me please!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds