USB to Serial Cable Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pad1, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Pad1

Pad1 Private E-2

Hi

I am trying to connect a Null Modem serial cable to my pc which does not have a serial port so I have bought this usb to serial adaptor

http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/index...m=usb+serial&gclid=CJaf1_fjgaQCFYb92Aod-w8SHQ

The problem I have is despite downloading and installing the drivers shown on their site for windows 7. My pc does not find the drivers.

I am running windows 7 64bit

I would be greatful if someone could let me know what I can do about this.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Pad1.

The Windows 7 download shown here is a .ZIP file: make sure you extract the Setup contained in the zip to a location, then run the Setup.

Keep us posted.

3. Pad1

Pad1 Private E-2

The driver did not work I have tried several and had no luck with any of them I think this usb adaptor cable is cursed.

Problem sorted now I dont know the technical term for it but I found a serial port with a lead that attached to a power point on my mother board and although my device manager does not recognise it the loader software works just fine when hooked up to the Null Modem serial cable and the box.

Thanks for your help just the same. :wave

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Glad you got it, Pad1, and thanks for the feedback! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds