Usbfix Doesn't Work Anymore

Discussion in 'Software' started by cornflakes, Aug 10, 2016.

1. cornflakes

cornflakes Corporal

I have version 8.243 and it used to work fine.
    But today when I went to start the program, it tells me
    to choose 1 of 3 options: Download the latest version, Get automatic updates, Skip this update.

No matter which option you choose, it takes you to a pop-up screen of their site. I can't find where to
    download or update. USBFix never opens up anymore. It just takes you to the website.

Anyone got any solutions?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. cornflakes

cornflakes Corporal

Yes, I have that one. But when you try to load the program, it won't load anymore. It only takes you to their website.

I used to be able to just click "skip update" and then it would open the software, but now it just takes me to their website and no software ever opens up.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Yes, seems a bit of a con. I ran it, got the same round the houses nonsense. If you really want it, I suggest you contact their 'support' on their website.

cornflakes likes this.
  5. cornflakes

cornflakes Corporal

It's so weird. They are generally so simple and straightforward. Not sure why they send me to this circus show on their website where I can't even find where to update or download...it just takes me around and around in a loop.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Yes I kept getting looped to other sites unconnected with them.

7. cornflakes

cornflakes Corporal

I ended up downloading an older version 8.156 onto my usb stick and ran it from there and it worked. There was no 3 option menu screen so it went straight to the program.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds