Used LCD monitor pricing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gman863, Jun 27, 2011.

1. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

I have a client who is looking for between 50-100 off-lease (used) LCD monitors for export in decent condition (minor scratches on case/base OK but screens in good condition).

Having never shopped for such a large quantity before, I'm curious if anyone has experience on what decent wholesale pricing should be. As of now, the lowest I've found for a bulk (50+) order of 19" screens is about $60 each - not that great a deal since I can buy new-in-box 19" units (entry level HP or Dell) in the $90-$100 per unit range.

There are plenty of recycling/used PC vendors in the area - I'm curious if anyone has any pricing experience or negotiating tips for getting a better deal.

(If I buy this quantity, I will test every monitor, verify the power supply is compatible with 220/240 volt use and get a LARGE cash deposit from the client prior to purchasing. ;))

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

All depends of the quality of the screens,if they are budget screens for offices or schools I'd shoot lower than $60,ATM that translates into about £40 each over here which is pretty expensive for junk:-D

I'd half the new price twice, about $100 to $50 then half again for bulk so about $30.Most of these whole sale places pick them up for next to nothing from businesses and schools so you can really barter with them,they will usually still make money whatever they sell them for the $60 is BS they know you will knock them down a sheetload.

As for bartering tell them they are junk:-D Remind the guy about the lifespan of the backlight, criticise their storage.Speak to them in person Don't act like you want to buy them,start at $20,lie and say your shopping around for the cheapest deal but don't tell him the price you want beaten when he asks say you rather not say but you'v had multiple offers cheaper than he just said.Pretend your still deciding whether it will be economical to buy them or not.

"Its not gonna be worth me going this route at that price."

Remember your not out shopping for monitors your out seeing if you should be shopping for monitors:p The further he thinks you are away from buying the more he will bend.

Most of all be light hearted and not serious,jovial. Its much easier say things and get away with them if you laugh after you've said it,people drop their guard when they are happy and having a good time so are much more willing to do a deal if they like you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds