User-mapper section open? What does that mean?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Frosty1206, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty1206

Frosty1206 Private E-2

I have been using utorrent off and on for a few months, and for the last month I have been getting a message during some downloads that says: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. What does that mean and how do I fix it? I'm a newbie at this, please keep the answer as simple as possible. Thanks in advance for any help available.:confused

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

3. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

That means you are a leecher and need to seed more

4. MarvinYorkman

MarvinYorkman Private E-2

hi,

I have been using utorrent off and on for a few months, and for the last month I have been getting a message during some downloads that says: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. What does that mean and how do I fix it? I'm a newbie at this, please keep the answer as simple as possible. Thanks in advance for any help available:wave

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Did you mean to just copy the original poster's post word-for-word and add nothing else to it?:confused

6. mikesbaker

mikesbaker Private E-2

This thread shows up really high on google search for the subject. Since the ONLY answer here is a dead link allow me to help. If you run AVG turn off resident shield protection it should stop the errors. If that isn't the problem you should be able to find the answer in this thread.
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=41702

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds