Using antivirus packages on multiple computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeadPoetic, Feb 9, 2006.

1. DeadPoetic

DeadPoetic Private E-2

I need a good antivirus package for my computer; my parents have Norton and I'd like to know whether I can use that on my computer as well, with the same product code, to save buying another one. Will it work?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

It will probably work, but its not legal. :(

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

If you don't live in the same house as your parents then it is absolutely and totally illegal. If you do live in the same house then there is the 2-User family pack which is legal and will work for up to 2 computers in the same home. Here's the link

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat...1&CUR=826&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=200363

If your parents have already purchased a Norton product they may be able to upgrade at a reduced rate.

4. DeadPoetic

DeadPoetic Private E-2

Yeah, I live in the same house. They've already purchased it, so maybe I'll have to look at upgrading it. I was just wondering, as my friends (illegal as it is) used one copy between them of an antivirus package and it didn't work for any of them because it had exceeded the number of uses, or something. I can't quite remember. I was wondering how many 'uses' there were in one package. If it's only one, I'll buy my own.

5. X.genetica

X.genetica Private E-2

you should better go and buy Kaspersky..instead of Norton....

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Or use a free AV like Avast....

7. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

I agree with Lev. There are plenty of free ones that work great. Just go to the download section and get one.

8. DeadPoetic

DeadPoetic Private E-2

Okay. Thanks for your help, everybody. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds