Using Recycle bin for XP PhotoFrame share ??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Steveb444, May 11, 2012.

1. Steveb444

Steveb444 Private E-2

I'm building a 'stand-alone' digital photo frame (based on Windows XP) using an old motherboard booting from a CF card, so I am running with EWF and a (separate, non-EWF'd) RAM disk.

I moved the Screen Saver 'source' folder (My Pictures) to RAM disk and 'shared' it on my network so images can be sent to the PhotoFrame display. Problem is, how to avoid running out of space ?

My 'cunning idea' was to move the My Pictures folder to the recycle bin, sett he bin to use 100% of the RAM disk space and let Windows delete 'old' files automatically to make way for new ones !

My 'only' problem is == how do I make My Pictures (or some other folder, or the Recycle bin itself ?) 'shared' when it's in the Recycle Bin (folder Properties shows General / Restore, no Sharing tab) ?

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

3. Steveb444

Steveb444 Private E-2

OK, it's not goint to work very well anyway - MS doesn't strictly delete the 'oldest' contents from the Recycle bin first = it actually deletes the MINIMUM number of oldest files needed to make room for the newly deleted. This means I have to place images in the Recycle bin 'oldest photo date first' ... looks like I have to script my own delete routine on file dates after all ...

PS Digital Photo Frames above 19" are not cheap .. I'll have a 22" one for the cost of an old computer and it's monitor !

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

But did you read how that SD card has an endless memory feature?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds