Using XP with a LCD projector

Discussion in 'Software' started by jstanton, Sep 6, 2007.

1. jstanton

jstanton Private E-2

Hello, everyone. I'm currently trying to set up a Viewsonic PJL885 projector for use with a laptop running Windows XPspk2 (the projector is plugged into the spare monitor port). This projector does not come with any drivers, and there is no manual available on-line from Viewsonic. I decided to post a question here before I tried calling Viewsonic support.

The projector seems to work well, and I set up multiple monitors in Windows XP. However, it seems like the only monitor set up I can utilize is stretching my desktop over both the projector and the laptop's screen. I was wondering if there is any way to make the desktop appear on the screen and through the projector, in duplicate.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I f you will post some more info maybe, what video card or onboard are you using?

3. jstanton

jstanton Private E-2

Sure: the laptop is using a ATi Radeon IGP 345M video card.

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello JStanton, welcome to Major Geeks

The solution lies in set your ATI graphics card correctly, not with the Viewsonic settings.

ATI now has a control program called ATI Catalyst. See all about it here

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds