UT 2004 weapon change

Discussion in 'Software' started by DOA, Mar 17, 2004.

1. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Has anyone got the weapon load out figured out in UT 2004.
    I play Onsluaght and often have the Avril when I need the link gun or vice versa. I would really like to set a set of guns and be able to pick them up and use them only, no changing. Having to grab the link gun to build a node and discovering you have no Avril is frustrating. Doubly so as that tank comes over the hill to destroy you and all your work.
    Exact methods please, if there is one.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Sounds like you need a friend ! :p you can change weapons using the mouse wheel, or by number. Weapons always go to the same number. Im not sure I quite understand what you mean?

3. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I think I know whatcha mean..... you're under the assumption that you can carry only so many weapons. This game isn't that reality-based... if you run over a weapon that you didn't already have, you automatically pick it up. Same deal with the weapon lockers. Only thing is, if you don't have any ammo for a specific weapon, that weapon won't load when you pick it's number or scroll your mouse wheel. Hope that helps :D

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Good partial answer, I want to know what happens to my AVRIL. I have one after picking it up at the base, use no shots, pick up the link gun to build and cannot get my AVRIL by scrolling the mouse. I better remap the keys or memorize the weapon numbers as we are getting to the point the weapon choice delay matters.
    Are you saying the weapons cache only adds weapons - none get changed or deleted?

Sure hope Fry's is not out of the DVD version by the time I get there tonight.

5. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

The weapon's locker adds weapons only if you weren't previously carrying them, and then tops off the ammo of the weapons you do have, providing that it carries that type of weapon. When the green light is lit there's ammo to be had :D

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds