Validation Failure: Product Key Failed

Discussion in 'Software' started by megaholic, Jan 1, 2006.

1. megaholic

megaholic Private E-2

Hey guys,

I've always been quite aware that I have this problem.. and I've never really been too concerned. But now that I've rid my computer of all spyware, I would like to do a Windows Update.

I'm sure i'm SOL :rolleyes: .. and i'm pretty sure the answer i will get to this is to buy a real copy of windows.

But any help or suggestions on this matter is appreciated.
    Thanks guys.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well...are you using a legal copy?

WGA doesn't affect Automatic Updates, by the way.

3. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

LOL! Yep....purchase a legit key and you can have all the updates you want :)

4. megaholic

megaholic Private E-2

heh.. darn.

That means I have to format again.. and that is primarily what i've been trying to avoid with speeding so much time with ChasLang disinfecting my computer.

Damn WGA! Damn you!.. lol

5. bjgarrick

As Adrynalyne asked, are you using a legit copy atm?

6. megaholic

megaholic Private E-2

no I'm not.. i originally installed with a burned copy that was here at the house. :(

7. bjgarrick

Ahh, then yeah..you will need a legit key to get updates from MS. Like Adrynalyne said WGA doesn't affect Automatic Updates.

8. megaholic

megaholic Private E-2

So I can stil recieve Automatic Updates with my non-legit copy?
    If so.. how do I reactivate my automatic updates? Because it is no longer in my taskbar.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

...for now. I'm certain MS will remove that functionaility in the not too distant future.

Automatic Updates settings is on a tab under System Properties.

Being a non-legit copy and all, thats about all I'm going to offer on the matter.

No offense.

:)

10. megaholic

megaholic Private E-2

I completely understand sir. Major Geeks.com has helped me so much with my spyware problems, that i have nothing but incredible respect for all of you guys. Thanks for offering such a great voluntary service. :)

You kickass, lol

11. megaholic

megaholic Private E-2

wow.. it's not affected by wga at all.. weird man.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds