VB program works differently in different monitors

Discussion in 'Software' started by pallavimahajan, Jan 4, 2005.

1. pallavimahajan

pallavimahajan Private E-2

hello everyone,
    I am facing a peculiar problem.
    I was working in my labs on 17" monitor on VB program and nwo a days om working on the same program on my 15" monitor @home.
    The problem is that due to the difference in the monitor size, my forms are messed up and some of my controls have disappeared.
    Though i have restyructured according to my needs @ home, but i am sure when i take it back to the lab i will face the problem again.
    Can ne1 guide me regarding this to keep the form of the same size and to work in different sizes monitor.
    Thanks
    Pallavi

2. Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del Private E-2

Hey pallavimahajan,

First off my VB is a little rusty, but if i remember correctly there is a property of every element on a form for the measurement used when calculating its position. Unfortunately i dont have VB installed at the moment but the property is right at thje bottom of the list (the list with caption, name etc in it) and i think some of the options in it are cm's inches etc. Play around with some of these.

Once again my VB is rusty, this could be a figment of my imagination but i am pretty certain you can change the measurements VB uses for its positioning.

Hope it helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds