VB6 Headache!

Discussion in 'Software' started by trp, Nov 1, 2005.

1. trp

trp Private E-2

Hello,
    I have a problem, i am prototyping an A level project and cant figure something out, as a 'customer' requirement i need to link images to names, i am currently trying to do this via data sources and access 97 databases, the DB has and ID number which is required for the relationships, a permission boolean value and a filepath, this is currently set as text and i wonder if it should be a hyperlink, anyho, what i want to do is via linking the DB to a data source get the form to show both student name and their picture (jpg file) any idea's how i can achieve this?
    TRP :cool:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

a hyperlink datatype in the ms access db won't help you "link" it so you can click on it(in vb6).. just an fyi.

as for the relationships, just pull out the path to the file and set the path for an image object to the path of the image for that students id. make sense?

3. trp

trp Private E-2

..no
    do you mean id have to do something like the following:

Private Sub Image1_Click()
    StudentImage.filename = FileLocation.text
    End Sub

or am i completely missing the point?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds