Verbatim External Hard Drive - Not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StephenTiller, Jul 3, 2010.

1. StephenTiller

StephenTiller Private E-2

I am in exactly the same situation and have a Verbatim 1TB External hard drive (matte black, one touch button). My trouble started when I simply plugged in the hard drive to the USB port and it said "USB not recognised" and this has happen a few times, thinking nothing of it, I tried all other remaining ports. The green light on the device is on and it starts up and you can hear the drive working. I have changed the cable and nothing happens either. I have 600GB of data i need to get back. It comes up with UNKNOWN DEVICE
    I'm not sure what to do other than call Verbatim and see if there is an answer.
    This is my 3rd external hard drive and they only last a year or so. i need an answer to this problem too.

I have looked for all the device drivers and non are available, I have reinstalled the USB ports in device manager that doesn't work, I have looked inot services for PLUG AND PLAY to see if that was disabled but its working fine. My friend plugged in his portable device and his worked straight aways, so there is defiantly something wrong with the way the connectors are on my device.

If anyone can help me out there I am pulling what little hair is left out :)

Cheers

Stephen

2. whovein

whovein Private E-2

I have 500 GB Verbatim Hard Drive. On the back it has a reset button. After resetting, it showed up in Computer.:):-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds