Verizon FIOS and Bittorrent

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Outlawstar15a2, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

I don't what the issue is but I never seem to be to get Bittorrent to recognize the port is open. I have tried several dozen ports in the upper 50k+ range and yesterday Bittorrent was ok with the port but now it says theres a porblem with it. I can start and run downloads and uploads but I get few peers and the speeds are slow. I have Verizon FIOS and Windows Vista Home Premium and a MI424WR Actiontec modem (which Verizon provided).

The thing with the port is a odd problem Bittorrent seems to decide when the port is clear and not. I have tried setting up static IP via Windows, port forwarding from router, port triggering from router, as far as I know UPnP and NAT PNP are enabled, I tried DMZing the host no luck with any of them. Currently I installed Azureus to see if it's a client problem as I couldn't get utorrent to work at all under Vista when I had it installed but I don't know how to check if my port is good in Azureus I have the 4.2.0.2 version of Azureus.

So first can somebody tell me whats the first thing to do to troubleshoot this problem as I am baffled.

2. unclemantis

unclemantis Private E-2

I am having the same problem. I have read that all incoming ports are blocked. I don't see how that is so since Skype created an forwarding port and I talked to my sister just last night.

@Outlawster15a2 have you had any luck yet?

3. unclemantis

unclemantis Private E-2

I just signed up for this forum and I tried to send outlawstar15a2 a PM with no luck. i need to post 50+. Any luck there big guy? I have been racking my brain and trying EVERYTHING for a week now and yes i am savy. =(

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

You might try Vuse and use the advanced settings to encrypt headders, etc. There is a pretty good FAQ on getting around some ISPs that are not torrent friendly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds