Verizon Wireless 4G connection issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flycast007, Apr 2, 2013.

1. flycast007

flycast007 Private E-2

I am running Win7 64bit on a I5 2500k cpu connected to an Intel DP67BG motherboard.
    Because I live in the woods I use a Pantech UM290 wireless USB modem to connect to
    Verizons 4G network. It seems that the nature of verizons 4G network is limiting my
    ability to utilize the network completely. I can use uTorrent to share files. Though
    it does say I am unconnectable or sort of connectable. But, I can up .5 MB/s and dl 1.5 MB/s.
    I can browse with IE 8,9,10. I have IE 10 installed now. This is a very fresh install of
    Win 7 Ultimate. I just added a SSD.

The issue that is vexing me though is that I cannot, at this time cnnect to MWO, mechwarrior online.
    Since yesterday I have lost the ability to play that game. The reason that I am here is because
    I have fought with this issue for about a month now. During that time I totally reformatted my
    pc and reinstalled Win7 and everything that is now on it. But I have yet to find the absolute cause for the

connection issue I am having with MWO and Windows Live Messanger. During the time I was trying to figure this out I

also noted that even the windows installer could not find any updates because it did not detect a network

connection. Even though I was connected. Things I have done. Tracing the MWO process I noted that it was
    using the Dotnet platform. I repaired the Dotnet install on my pc, and it fixed it. I could then
    play MWO. However, whenever I shut MWO down, I was again unable to restart, connect to the internet,
    MWO. Though I do have an active internet connection. Repairing the Dotnet install would again fix it.
    Eventually, because I was dissatisfied with the solution, I found that all I had to do was unplug
    and replug in the USB modem. Again MWO would run all day, as long as I did not close the program.
    The issue with Windows Live Messenger was a bit different. If I tried to connect WLM it would say my default
    gateway was not available. Running uTorrent for a couple of minutes would seem to fix it and WLM
    would connect and work fine. Yesterday morning a windows critical update hit my pc. I do not know what it was.
    But I do know that that was the only new thing that happened to my pc since the night before, when I was still
    able to get MWO to work. I had a couple of restore points that MWO would function. Since the Critical Update
    nothing has worked to repair MWO's connection to the internet. I can connect MWo thru a VM running
    on my system. I have flushed dns. I've changed my dns to googles dns servers. I've reset the winsock. I've reset
    the TCP/IP stack. I turned off TCP/IPVv6. b.Type 0xffffffff to disable all IPv6 components except the IPv6 loopback

interface. This value also configures Windows to prefer using IPv4 over IPv6 by changing entries in the prefix

policy table. For more information. This eliminated several tunnel adapters and changed my default gateway from
    " " to what it is now. The blanks means there was no default gateway listed. There is one now.
    But still messenger says my default gateway is not available. Decided to install Diablo. It seems to be working.

The thing is, there has to be a setting somewhere that is effecting the network connection of this machine.
    Ihave just exhausted every idea I can google. If anyone has any ideas I will gladly try them. Thx Robert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds