vertical lines on startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beezneez, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

My NEC Versa laptop has vertical running lines at startup. Device manager shows the graphic card as the problem "The device cannot start (Code 10)"
    Windows searched for a newer driver but none appeared. Once I get past the start up screen I can operate normally but I suppose the startup screen problem is a warning that things will crash sooner or later. I have searched the net to find out if the graphic card is integrated with the mother board but can't find any info. If that is the case is there anything I can do or is it a new machine given that laptop repairs are so expensive?

2. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Let's start with the exact model number of your laptop and the operating system you're running (XP, Vista, 7). Then we can probably find the type of video chip in the laptop and point you to a driver.

Sam

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Last edited: May 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds