Very bad luck...CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M3xline, Apr 6, 2010.

1. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

Ok so i've bought the new gigabyte ma785gm-us2h... i had asus m4n78 se...yea i went to a little better...but that's not the point... OMFG i droped the DAMN CPU ON THE FLOOR ??? such a f*cktard i am..... (slap in the face) :cry

the cpu is phenomen2 x4 945 and this cpu hited the ground pretty strong... the thing is it's all working normal... ? but could that the cpu is damaged ?? i dunno it's my panic that i see everything working little slower....or it's the mainboard...? oh and i had to put memory in socket 1 and socket 3 why's that in i put the 2nd stick in socket 2 the pc wont show picture...

Main thing ... DID I DAMAGED MY CPU ??? again maybe i'm in panic an seeing everything working slower.....can i test somewhere this...omfg i sooo woried... i'm goin crazy, my head hurts...man how in the hell i could bump the table so much that the cpu just fliped down pretty hard ... all the pins were fine btw...
    oh and 1 more thing i noticed it did heats little more to for about 6-8c but then again i was in panic ...maybe i put a little too much paste on it... or that's not the thing or its the board...am very confused CAN SOMEONE HELP ME (Yell's across the fourm)....:cry

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Slow down a little, I know your in a panic, but you can do more damge to a PC and the hardware with getting stressed and pannicy, even take 30mins away from PC to calm.

PC running slow to start with could be down to wrong settings in the BIOS, I find a CMOS (BIOS) reset is always good with a new PC and then enter the settings needed from the manual, to reset CMOS with PC off and your earthed, pop out the motherboard battery for 10mins or so then pop back in, then boot to the BIOS and make sure your hardware is registering and you set any settings that are needed.

What Windows version? did you install the SATA drivers (F6 on Windows install when prompted)?

Are all the other drivers installed fine, Chipset being a main one? look in device manager for yellow ! marks and let us know.

Did you put just a little spread of paste on or was it thickly spread?
    The temp different can be down to the different board and the CPU needing to bed in so to speak for a day or so, then temps can settle.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Listen to Halo!!
    As it is new, especially, give it a couple of days to 'bed' the cpu.
    :)

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Yeh i agree with logic here, read Halo's advice there and listen to it!

The CPU should be OK as long as no pins were damaged and it wasn't too hard a bump.

All CPU's need a burn in period where at first they are much hotter (5-10C) than normal, then after a few days, temps will start to drop.

5. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

Yes, I've applied the past nicely trough all the cpu's sourface... maybe i could do it little thiner but it's perfect since i used my finger :p.

The cpu isn't new olny the board, the cpu on old board was since 1st install at 30-32c now on the new board is 41-43 (idle) (even on old bord i applied same paste and did the same with the finger)

I'm running Win7 64bit, I have the lastest chipset drivers installed from the (gigabyte.com.tw) i'm very shocked, and very sad all i'm thinking now is about performance i've lost from that fall to the ground (the boom sound was nearly the same as the pc-mice would fall to the ground from about a meter height.)
    Hell it was nearly a meter high table maybe 5-10cm less...(work table) i still have that sound in my head....:cry

about the sata drivers for disk... when i'm running in sata normal ide mode...well nothing new... when i put sata to ahci mode then i've got that little remove device icon on the right side of taskbar...

One more question ? Can you say that the performance,stability,quality...etc in simple way there is nooo frikin way that something even little is wrong with cpu becuse of that huge free fall it have...:confused

and is it ok to have 1st mem stick in 1st solt and 2nd mem stick in 3rd solt?

The thing is i work very hard for money(As do we all) and in this lousy country the electronics are overpriced! So yea i'm holding my breath that everything is fine.:(:major

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, as long as you didn't have to force the CPU into the socket, and apparently you didn't, you'll be fine. Heck man, these things can take a lot of G's. Relax.;)

7. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

as long as none of the pins are bent I think your ok. CPU's are light so I think they are hard to damage by dropping them onto the carpet if the pins don't break/bend.

ESD is kind of a concern when doing stuff like that

If it works now I wouldn't stress about it.

I dropped a 8600 GT onto the carpet with the heatsink off and it survived and still works to this day.

8. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

i've found out and i found this JUST now all those day it was running on 1,42vcore my motherboard was set on auto and it was giving the cpu these crazy voltage to stock mhz and even my ram 1,9v they needed to be 1,8 in fact all voltages were messed up !!

did this damaged something ?? O_O i've corrected the false voltages and now it runs better
    umm... i've even oc'd cpu a little to 3105 with 1,34-1,35 voltage everything left untouched... how far i can go with cpu till i need to rise a voltage to 1,36 ? (my god i still cant belive it all this time was running on 1,42v and that on stock speeds... did i suffer some performance ?

thanks

9. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

You wont have suffered any performance increase with more voltage, maybe a little heat increase and more power consumption.

About upping voltages, just keep upping the speed in 10Mhz increases (making sure that RAM is at or below the rated speed, at the correct voltage timings etc) until something gives, then give a bit more voltage, then see if you can get a bit more out if it.

10. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

ok... phew... man... i got one hell of a advantures wiht this pc :D ... i've got at 3,225mhz
    ram is at 852mhz (they are 800mhz patriot with heatsinks on 5-5-5-15) and they running great in fact everything is running pretty fine :D i'm kinda happy now...yay t3h joy....all those day i was like maan i've got to dispose this crap it aint runnin for nothing... but now it's ql.... i o'c even 5770radeon to 950, 1390. cant go any further wiht the card..

for the cpu... at it's full load all cores at 100% it goes max 52c
    (stock heatsink and akasa paste)

idle well if it's idleing on 3225 it's 31c around that.... if it's idleing at 860mhz(around that,) it's about 27-29 ... the thing is the core 0 and core 1 is at 860 the other 2 cores are at 3225mhz... EDIT: (oh now i've seen the core 2 also for a moment on 860)

EDIT: RAMZ ARE AT 860mhz runnin with no problems.... cant wait till i get my 1066 back... godd*mn

11. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

can ram get damaged ? trough time being on 860mhz ? o_O

12. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

I lower the memory core mhz and lower the multiplier to 14 , fsb 240 and got out 3360mhz at stock voltage, and even ram are now on 800mhz(5-5-5-13) running very stable at max load temp 51-52 Very hardy 53c (Testing as i write wiht amd overdrive)

I can say just wow....This is very addicting....cant stop being faster :D but i will settle for now...when i buy aftercooler (cheap one) maybe i do to max 3800mhz...or u can go even higher ?? O_O my god.... now i know why 1066mhz ddr2 rams are for :D

13. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Your doing well, just keep an eye on your temps!

Use Prime 95 to test your system for stability.

14. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

kewl, i'm thinking about Arctic Freezer Xtreme it's just 34€ and depending on the comments it's one of the best for this price.... it's - it's just that is big ! 130 x 100 x 131 mm[​IMG]

15. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Looks good, i just had a quick look and saw the majority of reviews were 5 *'s and mostly good comments.

But yes, it is big, get the tape measure out and make sure it fits, what case do you have?

16. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

It's officaly on 3600mhz

Mobo: MA785GM-US2H
    Cpu: Amd Phenom 2 x4 945

i just worried about TMPIN1 ?? WTF IS THAT ? was gone up till 75c(167F)

this image was taken after a bad hour of full load to cpu all cores to 100%

as seen cpu cores had it's max at 58c but hardy.... the constant is 56-57.

This is the end for oc for this time until the heatsink comes... Becuse this looks like near the red line stuff... and i needed to set voltage to 1,36v normal is (1,34v-1,35v) Just please some info for this TIMPIN1 it looks hot i dont want to burn something.... i have a microwave already... no need for 2nd one o_O :major

17. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

okk... i'm gonna just put the things little back down.. i've prime tested.... and on blend on the test 3 it rebooted....cores hited 61c o_O even on 3400mhz... looks like i've just have to wait for that crazy big heatsink...before anythink...but strange games ran ultra smooth on 3600 xD and it was like 51-54 max (depending on game) 1hour

18. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

if the pc has to reboot and your temps reach 61C, it's time to stop.

Wait for the cooler before doing anything else.

19. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

not even on normal speeds can handle the prime with out hitting 60c
    >_> test 4..... 60
    and i had to stop ....i wont risk it to go trough that temparature...wtf ? is this... tooo hot...or i fudge up something for real now ?

why do i hittin 60c wiht even on stock speeds on everything ???

20. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Wait for the cooler.;) It might be a bad temp sensor and it may not. Go back to default BIOS/OC and start from scratch. There are too many variables here.

21. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

i got a problem...when i extracting a big file let's say starting from 4gb the music at the start plays fine and then all computer starts to break up really bad, computer does not crash but on music stops playing and applicaton does not respond for about 2sec or 3 then plays fine and then within some time it's breaks again and again....after that's finished the extracing it still runs very very slow... ? (this same problem also occur if i use computer for let's say 2-3hours (light use) memory just goes up and up (even if i'm unraring somethin..) wtf ?

22. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

I used HWinfo and i'm inspecting the machine closely

i'm worried is this ok ??

Range 0-80000000 (0MB-2048MB) Type: Write Back (WB)
    Range 80000000-C0000000 (2048MB-3072MB) Type: Write Back (WB)
    Range C0000000-D0000000 (3072MB-3328MB) Type: Write Back (WB)
    Range CFE00000-D0000000 (3326MB-3328MB) Type: Uncacheable (UC)
    Range 100000000-120000000 (4096MB-4608MB) Type: Write Back (WB)
    Range 120000000-130000000 (4608MB-4864MB) Type: Write Back (WB)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds