Very difficult hard drive problem!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ramza82, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ramza82

ramza82 Private E-2

hey ok heres my problem,

i was out i came home and my pc had restarted and came up and froze on a boot disk error screen, so i pressed enter and ****ed with it a bit and it then it booted up to the windows screen.
    next im at windows and trying to backup both hard drives everything i touch makes a alert come up that says "program filepath corrupt please run chkdsk" so i run chkdsk and it "fixes" the problems but the alerts are still there so i run it again it fixes the same problems this is a forever cycle so i stop,run virus scan halfway through scan my pc freezes and goes to a blue screen and says a bunch of technical crap (i don't rember what the actual message was) and that it was begining the physical memory dump. so i quickly restarted before i could cause further damage.
    then it restarted it took like 10 min to get from startup to windows again still with the boot disk failer.
    so i then get into windows and once again more problems i dont get the alert anymore because now my second hard drive ( the one everything was backed up to) doesn't exsist anymore it can't read it,but in device manager it says i have 2 working harddrives so i reinstall drivers through device manager. nothing happens still can't see drives.
    so then i run virius scan it deleates 7 virus's and lockes one up.
    i still can't acess my second drive i still can't resolve the boot disk failer. what's worse i use my computer for an ebay buisness and some important information about my auctions. please help!!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Some system specs could be helpful.

3. ramza82

ramza82 Private E-2

o yea sorry lets see
    amd prcessor 1.2ghz
    giga byte mother board dual bios
    1st hard drive 80gig
    2nd hard drive(the unacessible one) 120 gig and maybe a year old
    running xp corporate edition
    1.50 gig ddr memory
    i cant think of anything else.....if you need more info lemme know

4. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

some virus can make your HD dead. I remember my HD was died by little girl virus 10 years ago.
    if you use winXP, you can boot from winXP CD to repair it.

5. ramza82

ramza82 Private E-2

intresting as it may be i tried something else after i posted....
    i tried system restore point it didn't restore but i got use of my 2nd drive back
    now im defragging hopefully that will solve the problem as for the xp cd i dont have one but thanks any other ideas that may help please post thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds