Very slow Vista Boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by hats_for_clowns, Nov 30, 2007.

1. hats_for_clowns

hats_for_clowns Private E-2

Hi
    Today i booted up my PC only to find that it took about 20-30 mins, it seems to be loading up normally and then once it gets to the loading bar vista screen it just basically stops.
    I don't think this is a hardware problem as nothing has changed, and it doesn't seem like malware of any sort. Nothing has changed on my PC since last boot except a game being installed.

My specs are Intel Q6600 quad core (not overclocked) 2Gb of RAM, nVidia7900gs GPU.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

How is it time wise if you boot into safe mode?

3. hats_for_clowns

It boots at pretty much normal speed in safe mode, so from that I'm thinking some process is making it time out for a bit. God knows what though, i don't like tinkering with these things.

4. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

if the only thing that changed was a program (game) as you stated, why don't you uninstall, and see if that fixes the problem, then try reinstalling. i know it's not really an answer, but sometimes you get a corrupted installation. have you recently tried spyware, and/or antivirus scans lately? also, could any part of the game be trying to startup when you boot up your comp? anyway, g/l - sos

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

6. hats_for_clowns

Doesn't seem to have made a difference, even with all the non ms things disabled, know of any specific ms things that could be disabled to fix this problem? i red somewhere that disabling 'Server' fixed this problem but that wasn't the case.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds