VGA Digital camera and Msn Messenger

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gilloo, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Gilloo

Gilloo Private E-2

Questions questions questions

My niece has a digital camera that can also be used as a video/web cam
    but for some reason when she tries to set it up via audio/ video set up in msn messenger 7.5 it shows the web cam output on one entry page, and then when it goes to the last page of the set up, it informs us that we need to have a camera attached to the computer to work.......lol ???

How in the world do we get it to SEE that it is attached and running?

Heres the info

She is running WindowsXP
    Messenger 7.5.....
    Audio Video setup in Tools........set up web cam...........this is where it shows a little version of the webcam output, but when we press Finish it says nothing is detected bascially

ViviCam 55 Features:

• Resolution: 640 x 480 VGA, or 320 x 240 CIF
    • PC/web camera mode (13 fps CIF)
    • Focus Free
    • Macro Mode
    • 8 MB Internal SDRAM Memory
    • Stores up to 90 VGA images or 360 CIF images (approximate)
    • LCD Status/information display
    • USB (Twain) Connectivity for PC (only)
    • USB Cable type: A - B Mini
    • Burst mode - for capturing four sequential images
    • Video Mode
    • Optical viewfinder
    • Integral three-mode flash
    • Automatic white balance and exposure
    • 10 second self-timer
    • Auto power-off feature
    • Uses 2 AAA batteries (included)
    • Includes MGI PhotoSuite SE and MGI PhotoVista
    • SKUs 60075 (Deco), 60123 (Clam shell)

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

It is probably incompatibility with MSN messenger. Does the behaviour happen with Yahoo and other IM programs?

3. Gilloo

Gilloo Private E-2

I dont think its a compatibility issue, I had borrowed the camera once and I used it on my Msn messenger

Would a newer version of Messenger all of a sudden make it incompatible?

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Possibly. Especially if the drivers for the camera are older, or maybe got updated on said machine, and yours was using the older drivers, and a older version of MSN.

5. Gilloo

Gilloo Private E-2

Okay, I "think" I know what you are saying..lol

We did update Msn Messenger to 7.5 since having used it, but we also have updated to the latest drivers for the camera from the vivitar website

Is there anyway to actually KNOW that compatibility Is the problem, or do we just have to assume, and forget about using it on msn all together, or what?

Sorry to be such a pain

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds