VGA Splitter Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xnitro67, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

I just got this VGA Splitter and i got some of figured out (the part to switch displays). also i got it because of i didnt want to switch/unplug/replugin the VGA port for the xbox 360. When im just on the computer and turn on the 360 it comes on the pc screen in a weird way. then when i switch to the 360/other display it says "video Input signal out of range switch to 1280x1024 - 60Hz". So can anyone fix this.

Windows XP Media Center 2005
    NVIDIA GeForcee 6150 LE
    1GB RAM

Splitter: VGA/SVGA "Y" 8"
    Picture is just about exact same

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What I suspect you are using is an adapter that sends the computer video to two screens.

What you should have gotten was a video switch box. (the V part of a KVM)
    Similar to this http://www.cablesnmor.com/video-switch-box.html
    I'm not sure if a KVM switch works if you only use it for the video portion.

3. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

Ok thanks good thing though because this i got from a free website custom order so i didn't waist money.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds