Vid Cards In 2 way SLI Mode.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PghPittViper, Apr 22, 2008.

1. PghPittViper

PghPittViper Private E-2

I would like to use two nvidia gts or x video cards in sli mode. Do I just plug them into the pci-e slots and connect the monitor to one of the dvi ports?

Does there have to be some cable inside the case that connects the 2 vid cards together? How does sli work?

Thanks,

viper

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

SLI on Wiki.

As for the actual implementation, yes, you plug both cards into the motherboard and connect them with a cable, or a PCB that has 2 connectors. The cable will be supplied with the motherboard.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

There's a 'bridge' connector that joins the 2 cards together, and most SLI capable motherboards also have a 'switch' on the board and you'd set it for 'single card' or 'SLI mode'. It looks like a laptop memory slot and chip and is usually located between the 2 video slots. In addition to the guide above, here's another informative link: http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_learn.html

I hope this helps! Good luck!

:major
    [dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds