Video Card Compression Support ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by THELVON27, Aug 11, 2005.

1. THELVON27

THELVON27 Private E-2

OK, here's the deal. I have the game Neverwinter Nights which I think is cool. :) However the deal is that there is something called a community expansion pack for it. When installed it gives me completely blank(white) textures instead of what it is supposed to give me.:( In the read me for this expansion it only states that my video card might not support dds compression (I have no clue as to what this is). I have searched all over and cannot find out if my video card ( a nVidia riva tnt2 model64 ) supports this type of compression:mad: If not, is there any way of fixing this short of replacing the fracking card?? If not, and I have to replace the card to get support for this kind of compression, can you suggest a card that has at least 64 megs of memory a 128 bit bus and is relatively inexpensive (under $100 USD)?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

welcome :)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=108

have you tried installing the latest drivers from nvidia?as this link states if you can get a friend to convert the textures for you school or work,you can then play the game with your video card,I would recommend a new card though,we would need the rest of your computer specs though

read the announcement/do as it says and we'll get cracking finding you one if you choose ;)

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

6200 128mb AGP 100$ ~ newegg.com / zipzoomfly.com

4. THELVON27

THELVON27 Private E-2

Thanks for the input, BUT, that compression tool that you gave me the link for is to put textures INTO dds format not pull them out. (I had already looked into it.) As for my system specs they go like this

Processor - 1 GHz Pentium 3
    RAM - 512 MB
    hard drive - 40 Gig
    CD-rw
    DVD-r

5. THELVON27

THELVON27 Private E-2

PS the card has to be PCI -- NOT, repeat NOT AGP as I have no AGP slots.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds