Video card cooling question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mastershake916, Sep 16, 2005.

1. mastershake916

mastershake916 Private E-2

Okay, I have a ati radeon 9200 pci edition.
    I also have a coolermaster cool viva cooler, cool huh? and some ramsinks.
    But I had a problem, the cooler block the lies on the processor blocks one of the memory chips.
    I the thought hey! if I cut down the old stock heatsink and fill in small gap, the heat produced by the memory would move through the large heatsink, so I did it. 2 some odd hours later I was finished.
    But now I'm worried that instead of heat going to the block from the chip, the heat from the block would flow into the chip.
    Opinions welcome.
    Thank you.

2. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

The 9200 PCI shouldnt be running too hot, unless you go days with games without stopping... Shouldn't be a problem. The RAMsinks dont generally pick up too much heat anyways.

3. mastershake916

mastershake916 Private E-2

Okay, thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds