video card fx 5200 vs. Ati Radeon 9800 pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cob, Oct 10, 2004.

1. cob

cob Private E-2

I am currently using a "mega speed" fx 5200 video card in my system and was thinking of upgrading to the ati Radeon 9800 pro. From what I've read, the reviews seem to be pretty good. Also, I was wondering what the s video connection was for on the ati card? Is it for connecting things like a vcr to it. Possible converting my vhs tapes to dvd??? Is that possible on the ati card?
    thanks,
    cob

2. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

I believe the S video connection is to be connected to your TV.

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

The 9800Pro is Awesome! I also went from a 5200 to the 9800, and i was amazed by the difference. I could play most of my favorite games on the highest settings with no problem. :)

The s-video connection is for hooking your computer to your tv. Your tv acts like a monitor. If you want to convert your vhs tapes, I believe you will have to get a ATI All In Wonder 9800Pro, which is at least $100 more, or a video capture card.

:cool:

cooked

4. cob

cob Private E-2

I was looking at the all in wonder pro, but, the reviews on it (www.cnet.com) really stink!!!!! Should I be worried before I blow $300.00

thanks,
    cob

5. Rage2K

Rage2K Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds