Video card made sound to stop working?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nexus_, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

By sound i don't mean external speakers i mean the HD build in sound in the motherboard.

To begin let me state the sound drivers were operating fine and i got sound fine BEFORE i installed the new video card.

After i installed it , the pc gave me a message saying '' sound max failed to load up drivers you may want to reinstall it again''.

I uninstalled it and cleaned up the registry to see if anything was left. I tried to reinstall it but now it states that its not compatible with my computer? Considering i installed it before it should work fine.

Also do any hdmi cables work on a video card? Mine doesn't seem to fit ( i am using standard hdmi cable for a tv)

2. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

No sound seems to work... earphones, headphones, external speaker , internal motherboard sound everything is not working after installing video card

3. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

4. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

Thank yabba it worked

Also i had a question- My video cards port is all the way to a side of the computer where the removable panel is at. Those metal pieces get in the way of plugging in a converter because the plastic is too thick and gets in the way.

Most of the time the plastic is a mere protection for most items and can be adjusted without hindering the function of it.

Would you guys still think if i open and took off the plastic from a display converter that it will still function?

5. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

I'm glad it worked Nexus,

it should still function as a piece of hardware as the outer shell is just for protection rather than helping the device function,

however, you should take into account when removing it that, it would not look nice (if your worried about that sort of thing), and also that it will be more easily damaged.

the choice i leave down to you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds