Video Card Or Mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spirittoo, Aug 5, 2016.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

I had a problem where I turn on my computer and got no video ... I could here sound, but no video ... so I figure it was the video card. I hooked up the monitor to the mobo and got video. We had a brief power loss, and the computer shut down. A few hours later I boot it up and no video with the monitor hooked up still to the mobo video. The video card was still hooked up to the mobo. I hooked the monitor back into the video card and I got video again. Any ideas what the problem is? So far I'm still getting video from the card. This is my AMD FX computer that is in my sig.

2. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

I replaced my old video card with a new one ... the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550TI. When I tried to install the latest driver and reboot the computer I would get a blue screen. So I had to go back to the driver that is installed. I went to Zotac's download site https://www.zotac.com/us/files/download/by_product?p_nid=334064&driver_type=235&os=245 there are two other drivers besides the one I tried to install for my OS. But which one? Now when I boot up the computer I get this error message ... "main message window:NvBackend.exe - Entry Point Not Found ... The procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEx could not be located in the dymamic link library KERNEL32.dll." What do I need to do to correct this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds