video Card Prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerd0011890, Sep 29, 2008.

1. computerd0011890

computerd0011890 Private E-2

well I just built my own rig SPECS:
    ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A
    2gb ddr2 ram
    500gb hd SATA
    500w Powersupply
    Sony DVD Burner
    Linksys Wireles card
    Sound blaster live 5.1 with surround sound(perty sweet huh:))
    graphics card: NVDIA GEFORCE 6200 OC 256mb

now can any one tell me why I get this problem. SOme images will have black or white spec and it is not the graphics card because i returned it and got the same exact one and it is not the drivers because I tried the ones that came with the cd and 3 or 4 newer ones and the beta one. NONE HAVE FIXED MY PROBLEM and when I turn the hardware acceleration down it gets better but some will still have those little specs here is a screen shot

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/bobby11890/12.jpg

Please help. it would be appreciated:)

2. computerd0011890

computerd0011890 Private E-2

anybody????

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It looks like you're running a custom theme. Try a standard built-in Windows theme first. If that doesn't work, try lowering the refresh rate if you have it set high, or raise it if you have it set low. Most displays respond best at a refresh rate of 75-90hz (I have mine at 75hz). The 6200 is a fairly low end card and you may be trying to push too much through it. Since lowering the hardware acceleration results in less pronounced "specking" I think that kind of explains it. You might also check the video cable: if it isn't built in to the display, try using a different cable. You may also want to run an in-depth extended memory diagnostic. Run it overnight. You said you exchanged the video card, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the 2nd one is 100%. It's unlikely that there is something wrong with it, but it is possible. Try running both of the following programs for extended amounts of time (run them individually, not simultaneously).
    Video Card Stability Test and the Video Memory Stress Test

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds