Video card question, "cars" game.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hypertweeky, Jul 30, 2006.

1. hypertweeky

hypertweeky Private E-2

Hello there!!

I have a question about a video and sound card. I bought the game "cars" for my daughter but it doesn't work, I have the feeling her video card is not up to the challenge but I am not 100% sure.
    The game says the video card should be: GeForce2/ATI 7500, 32MB VRAM minimun. Sound: DirectX 9.0 c compatible 16 bit sound card.
    I have attached the hardware specifications, Could you tell me whether or not she needs a better video card?
    Thanks a lot!!

Attached Files:

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Yes it looks like a new graphics card would be in order for her to play that game as your report states you are using the onboard video card (integrated w/ motherboard ) It's ok for the basics of display it is by no means a powerful enough card to play graphically intense games of today. You should be able to pickup a pci or agp card for your pc for a fairly decent price at a local staples or pc repair shop. BEWARE- Some top of the line graphics cards can run into the big bucks but if all she is doing is playing a few games she does not need these I would think you could find one for 30-50 bucks

alateniteanswer

3. hypertweeky

hypertweeky Private E-2

Thanks you !! :)

4. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Looks like you need a PCI card. I didn't see an AGP slot listed. I threw one into my kids Emachine to play Star Wars Legos for under $50 (geforce 5200). It play the game well and can handle SW Battlefront and Americas Army too.

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

The best PCI card u can get iss a geforce 5500, one step above the 5200 and should deliver a little better performance for little to no price increase

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds