Video Card size (confuse)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trollsama, May 13, 2012.

1. Trollsama

Trollsama Private E-2

[​IMG]

What is my video card and RAM size?

RAM size

CCleaner displays 1.75
    CPUZ displays 2048
    System properties displays 1.75

Video Card

CPUZ (Graphics tab) displays 1024mb (1000mb = 1gb ) so my video card is 1gb?

Help me i am confuse here because 1 GB of video card can handle hardcore games.. my PC cant even handle warcraft properly.

So why my ram displays only 1.75 i know i bought a 2gb of ram. and about the video card im not sure about its size.

Thanks sorry for noobish question.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You do not have a video card, you have a chip on the motherboard.
    Source: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/mainstream-chipsets/g41-express-chipset.html
    The chip takes what it needs from your installed RAM. That's why with 2GB sticks installed, it is only showing 1.75GB
    The "missing" RAM, 256MB is used by the video chip.

Someone asked about increasing the video and this was the reply:

3. Trollsama

Trollsama Private E-2

Ok in short i have no video card and the chip acts as onternal video card that gets memory from my ram. so i have 256 onboard video card? uh am i right? but i think warcraft (frozen throne) only requires 32mb video card to run smoothly.

and what is that 1024mb on the graphics tab?

I am asking this because i am planning to buy a video card for playing some games and i need it for some program to run smoothly.

Sorry again for noobish questions

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  4. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Speccy should tell you what video card you have.Even if it on board CPU -z does not give enough info like Speccy does Speccy will give you pretty much all of your computers info.
    http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html

Windows Xp can take up to 4 gigs the 32bit version witch i am thinking that is what you have if you installed 2 gigs of ram then your memory will be about 1.75gigs be cause Xp 32bit has Limits on Ram So if your computer is able to fit 4 gigs of ram i would max out your ram.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  5. Trollsama

Trollsama Private E-2

It says that XP Pro 32bit has a limit of 4gb. I am only using 2GB im sticking with plodr's answer since i found some answer similar to that.

anyway speccy shows same. its showing 1024mb in the chipset. it is still not clear on my head. ok i have a 2gb ram that shows 1.75gb. that missing mb is used by the chipset. so its 256mb of what? if i have 256video card then i should be able to run warcraft frozen throne perfectly since the frozen throne only needs 128mb of ram and i think 32mb of video card only.

then why on some heavy action scenarios fps drops so low?

PC is virus free.

I am planning to buy an external video card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds