Video Conversion

Discussion in 'Software' started by NiceGuyeddi, May 28, 2007.

1. NiceGuyeddi

NiceGuyeddi Private E-2

I have a friend who has recorded some videos for me. She uses a digital camcorder, and then transfers the files to her computer which is a Mac. Therefore when she burns me a dvd of the video files it is in '.dv' format, through quicktime. I need a program that will convert the '.dv' video files into another format. Does anyone know of any program that can convert '.dv' files??? I have searched and searched and have had no luck. Someone please help.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I'm not sure, but you may want to try posting about this in the Macintosh forum to draw the attention of the Mac experts.

3. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Try going to google and typing ".dv to .avi converter"

Ive just done it and it came up with loads of stuff, some commercial, some free. However you will need to root around yourself to see if any are decent! ;)

Hope you find something that works! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds